For Youth Ages 13-18
It's never too early to invest and save. Plan today for a better tomorrow.
Trona Valley's CU Prosper Youth Account is designed for kids 13-18. The importance of saving and learning how to use money wisely can be taught from a very young age. At Trona Valley, we offer accounts to help kids learn to save, borrow, and spend responsibly. Our accounts are perfect for young people to get a good start on managing their finances. Saving for a child’s financial future from the very beginning is responsibly smart. Open an account today.
- Youth Savings Account
- $1.00 minimum to open and no service fees
- Higher dividend rate Savings
- Earn dividends on entire balance
- Converts to Traditional Share account after child's 18th birthday
- Free gift with new account
- Progressive Certificate* at 5% APY** for ages 13-17 (matures on child's 18th birthday)
- Pay for A's - get rewarded for good grades
- Grades K-12
- $1 for each "A" or equivalent on your report card
- Request must be made within 3 months of report card date
- Student must be primary member on account
- Limit of 4 report cards per year per student
- Limit of $10 maximum on deposits per report card
- Punch card program with chance to win prizes
- Debit card with Checking (with Guardian/Parent)
- Free ATM Card
- No monthly fees
- Eligible for Mobile Deposit Capture at age 15
- $5.00 deposit for Community Service Achievement***
- Youth Loans
- Small scale loan, perfect for youth
- Learn the basics of borrowing
- Middle School age students can borrow up to $300 at 1% APR** Fixed Rate
- High School age students can borrow up to $600 at 2% APR** Fixed Rate
- Flexible terms up to 12 months
- Parent or Legal Guardian Co-Signer
NOTE: The Social Security card of the account holder is required.
*$100.00 minimum to open, make unlimited number of deposits, once the certificate balance reaches $5,000, including deposits and dividends earned, no more deposits may be made, deposits may not be made by ACH, auto transfer or direct deposit.
**APY = Annual Percentage Yield, APR = Annual Percentage Rate
***Community Service Achievement—For each Community Service participation, $5.00 will be deposited into your account, $50.00 maximum/year. See Credit Union for a list of organizations.
Click here for complete Punch Card rules.
Check out our Youth Video!